NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
11,076 Posts
Is your ECU shot? Or do you just want a "chip"? Anymore, its not chipping, its tuning. And there are tons of companies out there that offer tuning, it all depends on what you are looking for.

·
not compensating
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i actually have a spare but i wanted a tuned unit but have been having trouble scraping up an extra $500 to get tuning

ive looked into editing the maps myself and have gotten as far as
extracting the roms from the ecu but info on programming the 40 some maps is sparse and time consuming i was hoping someone had a giac loaded ecu laying about to get rid of

·
Registered
146 Posts
no i actually have a spare but i wanted a tuned unit but have been having trouble scraping up an extra $500 to get tuning

ive looked into editing the maps myself and have gotten as far as
extracting the roms from the ecu but info on programming the 40 some maps is sparse and time consuming i was hoping someone had a giac loaded ecu laying about to get rid of

Why not get your car's ECU tuned? You don't have spend $500. I got my ECU tuned here (CHIP TUNING FOR AUDI, VW GAS ENGINES | eBay ) My car runs great. Boost up to 15PSI easy. Now, I have Zero experience with the other tuning chips to compare, and usually, the more you pay, the more you get. "USUALLY"....You get different programs for different octane gas or a valet program. That said, for a good single program, the guys on the Audi forums have used this tune for their 1.8T engines,(even had a group buy). FWIK, this is a tune similar to the one in Germany that is adapted to US cars. I know BMW/Audi/VW cars run like a freaking Bandit in Germany! Anyway, the price was right for my pocket book,especially considering it takes 15 minutes to change the program on a 2000 VW/Audi/Beetle car. My car runs great with the tune. It has more power and is more fun to drive.

When you click on the link provided, read the feedback/reviews from others who got their ECU tuned.....(click on the feedback page).

·
ya I drive a bug, DEAL
94 Posts
WOW, i didnt think i'd find someone wanting something so specific...

I have a APR TUNED 5spd 1.8t AHP ecu. The APR chip is soldered into the ECU, and is for 93 octane. I might be willing to sell it to you for the right price. (and if you ship me your stock ecu of course)

let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts