NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to purchase some Monster Mats for my Beetle just like the picture below. On Ebay I found them for $86.35 with free shipping (new, not used). Does anyone know if this is a good price or is there somewhere else I can look to get them cheaper? I just HATE not getting a bargain, but in this case I'm just not sure what these mats 'normally' cost.

Thanks for you help! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Thats a pretty good price. But are they round hole or oval hole?
(The hole where the connector goes to hold them down. I believe your newer beetle will have oval holes. Does your car have the factory mats in it now.? Those holes will telll you what kind you need in the monster mats.

p.s. some on here like them, some don't. I have them on both my bugs, not sure about the newest one yet not in my possession

:frosty:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I agree, that is a very good price! The oval post (that you should have) are $99 at DriverGear! Get them!!!!

Monster Mats are the first "mod" I give all of my VWs. :bigthumb:

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your responses! VDubYah - yes I have factory mats in at the moment.

So I looked at the hole (thanks for that tip because I would have never known there were differences from year-to-year) and I swear they look round to me - but I'm worried because you both (who have probably forgot more about the NB then I'll ever know LOL) think it should be oval. So I took two pictures. Can you guys tell by looking at the pictures if it's round or oval? I swear it looks round to me....

For the record the mats on Ebay are for round...

Here are the pics, one with the mat down and one with the mat up.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts