VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2001 GLS with Grey interior. The center console is pretty messed up. Looking to buy the whole top assembly with the cup holders and the arm rest.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just bought a 2001 GLS with Grey interior. The center console is pretty messed up. Looking to buy the whole top assembly with the cup holders and the arm rest.
Instead of replacing your console with a like style, I would suggest you go with a newer (+2006) style console. Volkswagen New Beetle TDI Interior Center Console - 1C0898003 - New Beetle Center Console Conversion - Flannel Grey - ES#2063837 They are a much better design and have cupholders you can actually use!

While the ECS kit is fairly complete, you will still need a few parts. I would suggest you get a complete setup from a wrecked car. This is a good website to search salvage yards Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

I put the later console in out 2000 NB. Our interior is grey as well, but I couldn't find a grey console, so I installed a black one. There is so much black in the interior already it really doesn't look out of place. I did a short writeup here http://newbeetle.org/forums/1192473-post68.html

Bobbie Martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts