NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new here. Ive loved beetles all my life and now the kids are almost out the house and all three are over 6ft so this is just my own car. :)I'm trying to find a color concept new beetle to purchase. Whenever I find one somehow its sold before I get there. I've seen one but it seemed like it was too high dealer wanted $6900 for it and it had 112,000 miles on it. Is that too much? I'd love to find a red one if possible ...I'm considering almost all the colors though. Preferable somewhere close to the east coast if possible but will consider if priced right to possibly ship it here. Im hoping to by one within the week if possible. Anybody have one for sale?

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
112,000 miles isn't bad as long as the timing belt/water pump and other important things have been replaced. My Zoomer (a 2003.5 Blue Lagoon Color Concept) has almost 150,000 miles. Original turbo and clutch! I've done the necessary maintenance and my bug runs amazing! :)

Good luck on your search! The color concepts are a rare and hard to find breed! But are gorgeous!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bluebugster those look really good. Digitalputty, Well somehow I stated the miles wrong. I went up to checked it out. It actually has 121,000 miles on it. The dealer was unsure if the timing belt and water pump had been replaced so they offered to through that in for me and lower it to $6500.... So knowing the true mileage and the new price with what they are throwing in what do you guys think? will I run into issues if it had not been done even though they are going to do it now? The Carfax was clean no accidents and didn't state anything about belt or pump. It did show catalytic converter replaced. The interior looks like it could use some sprucing up..it just doesn't seem as bright as it should. Is it possible to get it to look any better? It surely does NOT look as well as "STING" looked WOW that car looked amazing. I wish that I found this forum a while earlier..that one I would've had to ship...well its Double Yellow as well...it works for me I"m a Steelers fan too so I'm loving it!... :D Ive had some time to think it over some, I think I may be a Color Concept NB owner in the very very near future.:banana: So I've been trying to think of a name for it all night at work..still haven't came up with one...any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts