NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a left side cooling fan (drivers side) with motor, for a 2004 GLS Turbo 1.8L Beetle. Needs to have the 4 wires coming from the motor. If part is correct and in good working condition, I'm willing to make a decent offer!!! Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Good Luck. Those 4 wire fans are very scarce and expensive and none of the aftermarket fan assemblies feature the 4 wire fan. Cheapest replacement 4 wire fan I found was about $275 dollars. You may want to check with someone that is parting out their car to see if they have a 4 wire fan. I believe they were mostly found in the 1.8 Turbo engines.
Now there is a way to make the 3 wire fan work on the 4 wire connector. The special thing about the 4 wire fan is that it has 3 fan speeds instead of 2 like the other fans. You can splice the two wires for Speed 2 and 3 together and run them of the High speed on the 3 wire fan. Meaning you will only have 2 fan speeds but it still will run on High speed when it is needed. But maybe someone out there will have a 4 wire fan in one of the cars they are parting out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts