NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little helical spring that latches the door lock lever up or down broke on my wife's car. See photo below. Would like to buy your dead/malfunctioning left-side door lock module or even better, just the spring. Can't afford new module and hoping to avoid Ebay Chinese crap. Unemployed and just trying to keep patching this thing back together until I graduate next year. Thanks.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
where go photo? We need a better idea of what is needed. never mind. our internet burped and took forever to get the photo.

S-

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just changed my door lock a few months ago on my driver side, the old one wouldn't latch but I don't know if I saved the blasted thing, let me look around. Bart

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
I can always add it to our shopping 'list' for the next time we hit a pick and pull. The latch assys are the same for several models. The only difference is with the actual cables used for the outside handle (Beetles are shorter then the Jetta's) and same goes for the inside door handle cable.

Which area are you from? We still have our old latch (drivers side) as well. I checked the spring--it's there, but very very rusty. Ours wouldn't open the drivers side door when releasing the 'unlock'. Had to use the key to roll down the window. It's got internal issues.

S-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S and Bart, thanks for the replies. We are in Charleston, SC. Thankfully rust is not a major issue 8mi back from the coast, and it never snows here (thank God.) What was left of the spring wasn't rusty at all, just black from grease/dirt and I guess metal fatigue eventually got to it. Looks like the spring used to be painted blue till most of it flaked off. If you ever do come across one, I'd really appreciate a heads-up! Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts