NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow NBeetlers,
I'm in need of the Bentley repair guide for the New Beetle.
Want to figure out the wiring for adding the trunk latch handle assembly to our 2004 beetle.
Need to trace the brown wire with green stripe from the trunk latch to the wiring harness.
Thanks so much.
Walter

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You want the wiring diagram/schematic, is that correct. I'm confused, you have the color of the wire, and want to trace? it to the harness? Please explain, I have the Bentley Repair Manual and can capture and post the diagram for you, but I need to know what is is your wanting exactly. The trunk release wiring? Your wanting to add the "trunk latch handle assembly", not sure what you want. Are you wanting to eliminate the keyed latch and go to complete remote switch or fob for opening purposes? I am so not understanding.

If your wanting to buy the entire Repair Manual, I have an unopened, unregistered, '98-'08 NB, DVD-ROM available, $80 shipped. Compare at www.BentleyPublishers.com

MORAV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Morav,
Yes and no. I do want to diagram for the wiring to see where the wire goes into the harness.
I have a 2004 NB with the remote locking only. I want to add the early series NB latch with the flip emblem and handle. (Key lock has already been rekeyed to match the original key to car)
In order to do that conversion, I need to know where the brown wire with green strip enters the main harness and where. Think there is a plug behind the C pillar post covering. I have studied a junkyard NB, but was all butchered up. Just want to be certain. If you could scan some of the pages from the manual, that would be grateful.
Thanks.
Walter

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hi Walter,

Glad to post it up, but I think your going to be disappointed. The diagram will show it "dying into the harness, but it won't tell you where. You may have better luck with someone on here who has beeh "there". But tell me, why do you want/need to know? You're not eliminating the power release are you?

Let me pull it up again, and I'll post it up. I'll also post the link to "using the wiring diagrams".

Well, I guess I didn't save the link to where I posted this elsewhere, so I'll post it again. See attached .pdf file "Working with Bentley Wiring Diagrams"

Worse, the wiring color coding doesn't match, but here is the diagram. Also a capture showing the 5-pin connector location.

M.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts