NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, pretty new to this site, and absolutely love it. Well done to the admin and members.

Just wondering where I can get Euro badges like the ones in this pic?

I have looked high and low.. but nothing. Anyone help plz?

Plus, what are the best site for bits and pieces?

Thanks in advance.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
i know i've seen a post somewhere (either here or on the vortex) where you can take apart a euro emblem and put in whatever color you want instead of the blue. in fact, i think that was the car that was in the pics associated therewith. i'll see if i can find that post.

that said, you can't buy them like that. you gotta do it yourself.

and by "bits and pieces", what exactly are you looking for. some sites have common aftermarket stuff, others have just about every OEM part.

the org has collectively compiled a online shops list here. pretty much everyhting you'll need is on there.

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks heaps for that, and that link would interest me greatly. I have just replaced my rear Euro badge(standard badging in Australia, but it had faded and gone crusty after 5 years), so I have a spare I could have a look at. (Thanks to the "How to.." on that).

I am not far off getting my clear third brake light, so your how to will be interesting to say the least!

I'll check out that list. I am after things that aren't that common. I was after 'crystal' tails, not the clear type, but the cystal ones with chrome globes, and so on. There was an eBay guy that sold em(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7996764585&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT) but he doesn't seem to be selling em anymore. I just like stuff that isn't too... common! (Fussy too! ;))
Thanks for your help again.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
as far as the newest, rarest, uncommon things like that, ebay is definitely the first place to look. people will post new items there, see if there is a demand, and maybe then stock it in their actual online store.

as far as those lights in particular, i'd definitely email the seller to see if he had any that he still wants to sell. a lot of times things like that that dont sell after a few posts get taken off their "items to put on ebay" list, but theyre still sitting in the back of the stockroom cuz nobody bought em. ive gotten a few things like that (cuz i had to save up the $ for them).

at the least he'll probably put em back up for auction so u can bid.

and ill post that link as soon as i can find it again.

·
175 Posts
Go to a sign or vinyl shop and have them make red vinyl cutouts to put over your black in the stock badges. You'll save a ton of money for the same look. Or you could just paint them if you're steady handed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts