VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
will wrench for rep
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a drop in effect for the summer, and I would also like to get an aftermarket rear sway bar to help combat body roll and get away from some of that understeering tendency.

Any lowering springs you have for 1.8T models

Any coilovers you have for 1.8T models

Any stiffer-than-stock rear sway bars

Let me know!

·
will wrench for rep
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is the drop? do you have pics of your car with them installed? my price is kinda dependent on how well they meet my desires. for springs, i suppose the going rate (pardon the pun) is around 100 shipped or so? id have to look at a couple other sales.

pics would be awesome!

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
while you're in there, don't forget TT bushings. That'll help more than you know...trust me!!!

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
You can use oem bushings in the front of the control arm as they are just rotating pivots. The TT/R32 bushings really shine in the rear of the control arm. Depending on mileage and how far you really feel like going, new subframe bushings will help as well, although may not truly be needed. Check the bushings on your front sway as well as they will knock over time.

im trying to dig up more pictures, but this is with the KW's on. At this point the perches were still in the rear with a couple threads left, and about an inch of thread left on the fronts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts