NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Platinum Grey Turbo S rear tow hook cover piece at the bottom of the bumper. If you don't know what I mean, here is a picture:

I would prefer Platinum Grey, but I guess any color will do.

E-mail me at r0nd3l (@) manizone.com or PM here if you want to reach me.

Thanks,
Matas

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I don't know one Turbo S with a tow hook cover. Here's what I think happens to them:

Road crew member: "Hey, Earl. Here's another of these crazy pieces of plastic. What in tarnations is it?"

Road crew member #2: "Let me see that. Hmmm, that one's red. Why, just yesterday, I picked a black one, and last week I found a kinda dark gray one." (scratches head) "Just toss it in the back of the truck with all of the others....."

I see the highways littered with these things. I wonder if they found my missing skid plate? :confused:

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Mine stayed on for almost 3 years. I was fortunate to see mine bouncing along the road when it fell off, so I still have mine, just gotta figure out a good way to keep it in place.

I saw someone, who I can't remember who, drilled a couple of holes in the sides and zip-tied it to keep it on. Was that Hollywood or Lam (PHILthebeetle) or someone else?

Good luck with your search! :D

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Did you not like my "road crew" scenario? :lol:

I will not pay over $35 from the dealer, for something designed to fall off for no reason. So I just go tow-hook-cover-less. Good luck to you, 'tho. :)

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dnyed said:
Did you not like my "road crew" scenario? :lol:

I will not pay over $35 from the dealer, for something designed to fall off for no reason. So I just go tow-hook-cover-less. Good luck to you, 'tho. :)
No way dnyed, your story was hilarious :rotfl:

I just feel like I really want the cover :confused:

Ohh, and at dealership it's $35? Looks like I'll be making a trip there sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts