NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to sell my low mileage 1998 Beetle. It is equipped with 2.0L AEG engine, 5-speed, black with black cloth interior. The car has at the moment only 58.500 miles and mechanically very sound. Waited long to find this exact combination (black, manual tranny, NA engine, low miles), but have to sell now due to changing family circumstances and new job, which finally justifies diesel for long commute. The car runs great. Has no issues and has no codes. I bought it from retired couple in Florida and it is totally rust-free! Suspension components such as ball joints, shocks, wheel bearings are excellent. There are no deteriorated rubber bushings that need to be replaced. Shifts great and great on gas (I fill only with premium and both my mk4s prefer premium). Clutch grabs as new. Front tires are OK, rear ones would need to be replaced soon. The car was never in accident and no body work/paint job was done on it.

Things that are not good are mostly cosmetical and common failings of NB. These is sagging headliner, tear in driver seat back, fading clearcoat on roof top (has no moonroof). Right window will get stuck halfway and will close with hand assist. The hatch door needs to be slammed to close fully (probably latch needs adjustment). Deteriorating small plastic parts, which are of poor quality in VW (at least in all mkIVs I've seen). There is apparently deterioration of polyurethane foam insulation behind the dash, so bits of the pu foam will come from the vents when blowing air (AC and heating work fine). Has brand new dealer-installed battery. Basically, this is a car with excellent drivetrain, body, suspension, fresh engine and tranny, but aging interior. All these are simple fixes, as you know. But I just don’t have time with my new job and family stuff, so I need to move it. Want $3200 for it. I will consider trade for mk4 Golf or Jetta wagon. The car is located in the city of Pittsburgh, PA where it can be seen. Can be driven anywhetre! Clear title on hand. Any questions please reply via email [email protected] or call/text 434-227-00fourseven.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts