NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! This is an ad for my 1968 Beetle. I hate to get rid of him, but I just don't have the cash nor the knowledge to keep him happy, and figure he's better off with another VW lover. He doesn't run currently, but my grandpa says all he needs is a new set of spark plugs. His body is in very nice condition for a car of his age, the only major rust hole being right under the rear window, and we have a replacement piece for that if you're any good at welding! Comes with many extras, such as an unopened window rubber kit and a stinger exhaust.

What I'm looking for in return is another small car, preferrably a New Beetle or other watercooled Volkswagen. All it has to do is run and drive, I know my car isn't worth a lot, so I'm not going to beg for AC and whatnot, I just need something to get me to and from work. All trades will be considered, as I really want to get my Bug to someone who can take care of him rather than just letting him sit in the yard rotting away like I've been doing, but again a Volkswagen vehicle would be preferred.

Location is Rockmart Georgia, not sure exactly but it's to the west of Atlanta and fairly close to the Alabama border.

Thanks in advance all! :3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might! I'm not really sure though, I'm having second thoughts of parting with it... I mean, I really do love this Bug. On top of that, if I do get rid of it I'd want to trade rather than sell...

Also, are you THE Volkswoman? The one that writes articles on AllAirCooled? If so, I'm really happy to meet you, I'm a big fan! If not, I'm still happy to meet you, haha. XP

·
Registered
444 Posts
Actually, I'm not the VOLKSWMAN who wrote the column. But that one retired before I took her pen name, so I didn't feel guilty doing it!

You can actually put in your ad on The Samba that you want to trade and not sell. I have been buying and selling on The Samba for years. I believe it's the best VW site in existence, for classic Veedubs, anyway. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, that's alright! Sucks that she retired though, I enjoyed reading her stuff. But yeah, you shouldn't feel guilty, it's an awesome nickname to have. :3

As for putting it up on TheSamba, I'll consider it if the bug's not gone by the end of the month and I haven't changed my mind yet. I've heard good things about it, but my experience with TheSamba's forums has been nothing but bad and unwelcoming... I went there ages ago and all that happened was people made fun of my Super Beetle. :c

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hear you. When I would put my two cents in on the posts for type 3's, I didn't feel all that welcome either. I got the feeling the old timers just wanted me to go away and didn't much care for a "chick" being there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, seemed to me if you didn't have a split window or oval window you weren't worth talking to. Bunch of elitists if you ask me, but then I guess I'd be wrong to judge all of them on the few I interacted with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone close this or something? It's gone, traded it for a couple Sciroccos. Sad to see it go, but maybe I can buy it back someday. Who knows? <:3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts