NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of black leather donut headrests. All 4 look brand new (I don't even have the back ones in the car, they're safely packed in the basement). I'm looking to trade these with someone who has the normal headrests without the hole in the middle - same black leather. Any takers?

To be honest, I'm not even sure if they're both worth the same. Would this be a fair trade? I don't want to rip anyone off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
GINA said:
I have a set of black leather donut headrests. All 4 look brand new (I don't even have the back ones in the car, they're safely packed in the basement). I'm looking to trade these with someone who has the normal headrests without the hole in the middle - same black leather. Any takers?

To be honest, I'm not even sure if they're both worth the same. Would this be a fair trade? I don't want to rip anyone off.

very fair trade.. how do you feel about 2 in one configuration and 2 in another? (2 out of a Turbo S new beetle and 2 out an R32 = taller)

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am intrigued. Out of curiosity, is the turbo S the only one that has the normal full headrest? My boyfriend just will not stop complaining about his head going through the middle of the headrest in my car, I need to get the others.

ibid, let me hold out for a little bit and see if anyone has all 4 of the same kind, otherwise I'll take you up on the offer. Especially since I rarely use the rear ones :) Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Haha, I'm in the same boat you are. My girlfriend hates the donut headrests, so I'm looking for some without the hole also. Does anybody know a website where you can buy these from?

Also,
Gina, I've been looking on vwvortex.com, and I've seen some people sell their black leather donut headrests for over $200. Maybe you could sell your old ones, and buy new ones. Anyhow, good luck!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
The donut headrest are in 1998 to early 2002 models. Some 2002's have donut headrests. All from then on have the solid. Not only Turbo S's.

Oh, and mine are not available....... ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was able to trade my donuts headrests for solid Jetta headrests on the vortex, but had to cut the post so they would fit in the back as out posts on the back seats are shorter......best trade I have done.....I got 5 headrest for 4 what a deal......

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
GINA said:

IM Sent

·
Registered
310 Posts
I only actually use 2 in my R32.. because my front seats have no headrests now...

BUT I happen to have 2 from a 2003 Turbo S (with the grey stiching) that I use for the back seat and wouldn't mind trading over to the donut ones instead ;)

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ibid said:
I only actually use 2 in my R32.. because my front seats have no headrests now...

BUT I happen to have 2 from a 2003 Turbo S (with the grey stiching) that I use for the back seat and wouldn't mind trading over to the donut ones instead ;)
got a pic of the turbo headrests?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Skunkjunky,

I may be interested in buying those headrests. What color are they and how much are you asking? I'm looking for a black set. Any pics? What condition? Let me know!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Here is one my Turbo S headrests.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
GINA said:
ibid, if they look anything like what dnyed posted, then I can do some trading with you. How about the 2 Turbo S's for 2 donuts?

YES YES.. they look identical!

How about I post a photo and you post a photo and then we can figure out the details on how to do this swap?

I'm all for just swapping 2 BTW :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey Gina... I haven't forgotten.. but I searched and searched and realized I have them packaged away in a box in my attic instead inside my car or garage and have to look some more... I haven't used them for over a year now :( ..but I will find them soon!!!

I was just crazy busy today helping my parents buy a new caravan.....

soon soon!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts