NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just think this story is so sad. In case you haven't heard, there were about 12 (maybe 13?) miners trapped a few miles down in West Virginia. Long story short, there was some kind of miscommunication and the families were told that the miners were alive. I heard newspapers like USA Today had headlines that they were alive, but they were all wrong. There was only one survivor, and the rest were found dead. I just can't imagine how terrible it must be to hear your husband/brother/father is alive, but later find out that he's really not. So sad.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
It was really confusing. I got home after midnight last night.

I went to the local news website. The red headline: 11 of 12 miners found alive!

So, I click on it. And whoever wrote that story didn't have the facts. At that point, the story was, first they were all dead. Then, no, only one didn't make it. :confused:

Now, it's confirmed. Only one survivor. How wonderful for his family. How sad for dozens of others. :(

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Wow...thats so horrible. I just heard about this last night.
So sad :(

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hyakugojyuuichi said:
That is indeed a sad story.:( My thoughts and prayers are with the family members of the miners. My question is, "How did information get twisted around so badly?"
I read that it was misunderstood -- someone had told the gov that they have located the miners, something to that extent. But I guess he took it as they're alive. Now that's a BIG whoops.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
So one of the stories is that the rescuers thought the miners were comatose at first, was hard to get a pulse through all of their gear.

Did anyone else hear that there was not a block in the main shaft? That they could've walked out? :(

-Des

1 - 8 of 8 Posts