1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I believe it only needs a different connector. Several tuner shops make harness kits that allow xenon units to fit into non-xenon cars.

-Des

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Preston said:
why not just get the HID conversion?
Yeah, that would probably be the best way to go. Of course, it wouldn't be Bi-Xenons, so you'll have to put two sets in if you want to have Xenon Hi-Beams.

If you can win that auction for $250 or so and the seller ships to USA, I would say definately go for it, though. It would be much cooler to have Bi-Xenons and much cheaper than buying two $300 dollar kits.

As far as modifications need, I wouldn't think there shouldn't be a lot. Though, another thing I'm wondering is if the ballasts are mounted inside the headlight, because if not then you would have to get those too...

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Definitely not plug-and-play. Also, this auction doesn't include the ballasts/HID capsules/igniters that are required to operate the lights. Factor in those items as well and you're probably better off just going to a VW dealer and ordering the necessary parts. If you want more info on retro-fitting the Bi-Xenons, check out gt4237's thread, he did it on his NB.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Nope, that's the leveling motor. On the New Beetle, the igniters and the ballasts are mounted separately from the headlights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.