NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MR. VOCHO
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there is finally a use for the flower vase holder. I basically addapted the vent clip that comes w/the Raody XT and stuck it in there. I used some electrical tape to make it a tight fit + some double sided tape for the clip not to move back since it swivels...

Here are some pics.... it came out really clean. By the way its hooked up direct since the FM modulator works good but direct has a more CD quality sound.

Let me know what you all think.

P.S. Its also hooked up so when the car turns on the system turns on and when off it turns off. But thats a way different story. Since if you just hook it up to the cig. plug its always live and you dont want that.

By the way I tried to take a nice pic in the dark but I cant get it to be the right color and its kinda blurry. Since all the light is red and it shows up orange.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very cool idea.

I recently installed a Sirius using a Panavise mount in my NB and I'm not entirely satisfied with it's location. Your idea places the receiver in a great location and is easy to fabricate.

I too have yet to come up with a use for my vase. Until now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is freakin PHAT!!!! I had my old Roady mounted by the shifter for 2 years..but now i got MYFI and im using the vent clip, but I might try your method..but how do you get it to turn off with the car???

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
theslag said:
This is freakin PHAT!!!! I had my old Roady mounted by the shifter for 2 years..but now i got MYFI and im using the vent clip, but I might try your method..but how do you get it to turn off with the car???
It's one of the menu options with the newer models. I rock a SkyFi2 on a ProFit VSM and i can set it to turn on when i hit the ignition. Never bother with it since i take the receiver in and out of the car depending if i'm home, work, or mobile.
I was going to try the budvase at one point, but it would just distract me. However, the new Roady is way small. Might be a good idea.

Nice Omar!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ill give that i shot..i have the myfi to turn off in two hours, cause i get to work at 9am, it records O and A for the last two and then i just hit the replay button. I got the MYFI off of buy.com with a rebate for 55 bucks.

·
MR. VOCHO
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FineExampl said:
It's one of the menu options with the newer models. I rock a SkyFi2 on a ProFit VSM and i can set it to turn on when i hit the ignition. Never bother with it since i take the receiver in and out of the car depending if i'm home, work, or mobile.
I was going to try the budvase at one point, but it would just distract me. However, the new Roady is way small. Might be a good idea.

Nice Omar!
:D

Well that question of turning on when ignition is on.

I can not find the old thread about it but basically the cig. power adapter is always live. So therefore it wont work if you have that option on your receiver.

It needs to be hooked up directly... so what I ended up doing is opening the underside of the dash where there steering wheel is on and made my self a ignition plug. Where I have a 3 cig. plug adapter and basically when I turn on my car the 3 cig. plug adapter becomes live. Ummmmmmm I dont want to confuse people does anyone know what Im talking about? ummmm ill take some pics to show you guys..... lol im confusing my self.... its very easy....... :D

·
MR. VOCHO
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using the FM Madulador.... its called a Madulador right?

Since I had the unit direct connected to the AUX it gave me a hizz sound.... I tried to fix it in so many ways but nothing worked. I even hooked up an Ipod to it and still had that sound. It annoyed me. Anyways I tried that FM thing that comes with the unit.

It sounds just like CD quality now..... I know that this new unit Roady XT they improved the FM reception antenna..... and darn it, it is great......

Know I only have two cables instead of three..... just two of them on the right side..... XM RULES..... + this unit..........

(I have it set on to 88.3 FM but I changed it to say XM RADIO instead of 88.3 sweet.....) :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts