NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Phantom
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever retrofitted a xm radio (from the satellite blue beetle) into one of the other beetles. I don't want to use an external device. I'd like to just swap and change the antenna. If anyone has done this or has advice on how to do it it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
thoughts

beetles2 said:
Has anyone ever retrofitted a xm radio (from the satellite blue beetle) into one of the other beetles. I don't want to use an external device. I'd like to just swap and change the antenna. If anyone has done this or has advice on how to do it it would be greatly appreciated.
well i havent done a swap to a xm factory stereo. but i have installed and aftermaerket unit. it would probably be a big headache. i know when i did aftermarket install my biggest obstacle was finding space for everything( i also have a/v stuff which had alot of wiring.) i thnk u would be better off if you bought and after market unit. my friend installed a unit that came with xm built in from alpine. its a cool setup and would save you mulla and aspirin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts