• Neither

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Xm

I have XM through Directv.......and am sort of liking it to maybe get it installed........do you know if its a big deal for the installation?:)

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seemkay said:
I have XM through Directv.......and am sort of liking it to maybe get it installed........do you know if its a big deal for the installation?:)
Its no big deal, its really a snap with all the different options you can go with.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

Sirius here. Got it about 7 months ago in preparation for Stern. Was leary about the idea of paying for radio, but couldn't be happier. Since I bought it, the only time I listened to terrestial radio was during the Stern morning show. Just so many channels to listen to, no commercials, it's awesome. I haven't even listened to any of the CDs in my changers since I got it.

Even without Stern, it's worth every penny.

:goodjob:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
XM for me. It came in my Tahoe and it's great for trips. I ended up buying a Delphi MyFi as well. It came with a home kit so I have it in my home office for listening to baseball, music, talk radio or whatever I'm in the mood for and I have it set up to use in my BMW. It really is XM2Go. Sirius now has a similar player.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
Don't have either and don't know if I will. I think it got big big right before I came over here.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
I love XM, at the VW dealer I used to work at they pumped Sirius through the dealership, and I noticed that if you stay on one station, you'll hear the same songs every day at the same time.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
pdoel said:
No thanks.

It's amazing. I can listen to a radio station and be perfectly happy with it, without having to trash others. However, it seems many people can only enjoy their favorite if they trash all the other programs.

:rolleyes:
OOhhh just click it Pete. It's not a bash at all. It's an old commercial. Sheesh, i thought you knew me. :crying:

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
FineExampl said:
Yeah, you tell 'em Howard.

What a great find.

pdoel said:
No thanks.

It's amazing. I can listen to a radio station and be perfectly happy with it, without having to trash others. However, it seems many people can only enjoy their favorite if they trash all the other programs.

:rolleyes:

I don't think he was trying to trash Sirius. Just leaving a link to a ad that shows how Howard once shilled for XM.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Actually, i will try and find it at home tonight. O&A played a bunch of bits of them trashing XM on WNEW in NY years ago. They are pretty funny as well.

Pete, seriously. I'm not bashing anyone today. Bigger fish to fry not related to anything here. It's all good my brutha.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Whats funny....

pdoel said:

Sirius here. Got it about 7 months ago in preparation for Stern. Was leary about the idea of paying for radio, but couldn't be happier. Since I bought it, the only time I listened to terrestial radio was during the Stern morning show. Just so many channels to listen to, no commercials, it's awesome. I haven't even listened to any of the CDs in my changers since I got it.

Even without Stern, it's worth every penny.

:goodjob:
Who would have ever throught we would be paying for Cable TV...and now Satellite Radio!!!!!! Who would have thunk it!:D

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Seemkay said:
Who would have ever throught we would be paying for Cable TV...and now Satellite Radio!!!!!! Who would have thunk it!:D
I guess those guys at HBO must have thought it once. Seems like only yesterday, that HBO was the only thing on cable...and if I recall, the real reason for cable in the first place so TV could get out to the 'boonies'.

How far we have come.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I couldn't vote. We have both.

Sirius is the preferred provider, 'tho. :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
I don't think he was trying to trash Sirius. Just leaving a link to a ad that shows how Howard once shilled for XM.
I guess it just gets old. There are quite a few threads about Sirius and XM, Howard, etc., and while it may be in "jest", the bashing of Howard and Sirius just seems to be a constant.

The ironic part is that most of the bashes made about Sirius, are actually instances where Sirius is doing better than XM. So, kinda funny, in a way.

Personally, I think both options are great. They both offer great programming, you can travel the country with either, and continue listening to the same stations. The music is great on both, entertainment, talk, sports, etc. etc. The equipment they both offer is great and getting better and better with each day. You can listen online, through some satellite TV (XM on DirectTV, Sirius on Dish Network).

The offerings are great. The biggest choice really comes down to programming. Some people would choose Sirius due to Stern, Football, etc. Some would choose XM due to O&A or baseball.

If it weren't for Howard on Sirius, I'm sure I'd be just as thrilled with XM as I am with Sirius.

It just gets old reading constant untrue information about one or the other, just trying to make the other option look bad. Especially when it isn't true. Why we can't just all come together, realize we've all made the smart move, and start bashing those people still on terrestial radio, is beyond me. They're the real enemies.

:D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
:lol: I am stating flat out...that link is not me bashing. It's just proof of how times have changed and how things were going to go at one point. Ya think i don't want both units in my car? I would if i could. I'd be that one dude straddling the fence recording on one unit and listening to the other.

·
Oil burning member
49 Posts
I had sirius, now I have XM, mainly because of that utterly stupid deal with stern, they have to triple their subscriber base or triple their rates to pay for that deal, I was not going to hang around to find out which

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Kubla said:
I had sirius, now I have XM, mainly because of that utterly stupid deal with stern, they have to triple their subscriber base or triple their rates to pay for that deal, I was not going to hang around to find out which
They didn't triple their rates. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think most companies wish to grow. XM has quotas, as does Sirius. XM currently has 5+ million. Is that such a bad thing? They both want to grow.

Before Stern, Sirius had 600,000 subscribers. Today, they have 3.3 million. That's a difference of 2,700,000 at $12.95 a month, that totals $34,965,000 a month. I'd say the deal more than paid for itself. No need to increase costs at all, let alone by 3 times.

Like it or not, both XM and Sirius are going to want to grow. If that scares yah, may want to stick with Terrestial.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts