VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh my goodness..... I have spent a small fortune on this Beetle GLX over the past four months of owning it. Today, we put new SPARKPLUGS in it and it runs like a "stripeda$$" ape!! I would think the mechanics might have gone there first. I have really read the manual and have a code scanner on the way. Thanks to everyone who has given me help, this site is great!

·
Registered
712 Posts
They're awesome once the maintenance is caught up. The key now for you is to continue doing the scheduled maintenance on time and repairing problems as they arise! These are great cars but they don't tolerate neglect very well. I'm happy for you! What scanner did you buy?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
Did you buy an actual VAG-COM from ross-tech? Or did you buy something off of ebay?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ran codes; got 17950/17953/17967??? I know that I have a low voltage problem throwing the EPC light on again...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smileybug! here are the codes...

Ran codes; got 17950/17953/17967??? I know that I have a low voltage problem throwing the EPC light on again...
Here are the codes I am getting...then the reset. No codes, but lights come on.. then runs a while, or, I restart it and it runs good for a while.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
You still never answered the question on if you got a genuine Ross-Tech Vag-com cable or just some reader off of Ebay. If you have lights, you have codes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The codes posted above are from a scanner vw/audi specific off Amazon.... I was able to call mechanic and get them translated from generic.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
I would see if you can find someone with VCDS. You'll also be able to check measuring blocks, etc. with it so you can dig a little deeper into the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts