NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I saw a pic of the beetle art designs, from the UK I suppose, I decided if I ever got my yellow beetle I would paint it something like that. Life kinda got in the way for a little while, I love when that happens :rolleyes: , but I finally got a chance to paint my bug. She still needs some new emblems and a few things, but she's coming along. Oh, and her name is Lucy :)

Attachments

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
EXPRESS YOURSELF!! How creatively UNIQUE :p

HEY! I just saw your TWIN!

Attachments

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had Lucy Bug a few months now and I finally got around to getting the blue emblems on the car and wheel covers. Blue may not exactly go with the green and yellow, but given the choice between silver/black and color I always choose color. And my new house is 1 mile from the State Park and 5 miles from another one- She looks so peaceful there ;) She's as basic as they come, doesn't even have a sunroof, but I'm having a blast!

And thanks to this forum I've changed some light bulbs, the shift boot and some other things MUCH easier than I would have thought possible. Only thing left really is the bottom of the grill, which is broken/cut off -- have to see about that at some point I suppose.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
Yay Yellow, indeed!

I love what you have done. So cheerful, so personal. Kudos to you!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
I'm STILL liking your style! That little mini me is AWESOME :p.

I love your choice of photo backgrounds too....beautiful!!

Keep those pix coming.
:D

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your kind words. CVS had a big display full of new beetle toys! Yay toys!!! A bunch of colors and some preprinted with flowers and zebra print and leopard. So I bought my yellow one and had to paint it immediately!

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
Nice!!! :clap:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exactly -- that's the decal set I painted it to look like. So not exactly unique but fun :)
No, Your car IS unique & fun! I just love it. When I see a car likes yours it makes me smile. I am gonna start a new thread soon with all the updates I did to my Charlie, but they will not be as unique as your car. :cool: I love all the extra details you added as well. You make me want to go peek at my local CVS to see if they have anything like yours do!

·
Yay Yellow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts