NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the plunge on Sunday and bought a '01 TDI with an upsolute (sp?) chip. I was very worried that the "chip" would be at the expense of MPG. Well, I could not be more pleased, we got 54MPG on the drive home (300 miles) and the car is really fun to drive - the chip seems to make all the difference in "fun" factor compared to the other TDI's we drove when we were looking. Is there any downside to this chip? After two days I have no buyers remorse (like I did when I bought the Suburban!) - great fun to drive and I get a lot of heads turning my way - kinda fun!

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Right on! Another PNW NB'er! :party:

Congratulations to you. A TDI!! :clap: I don't know a thing about the Upsolute chip, sorry. Except that there are many here that have it. Now, what color, seats, wheels, sunroof...we need to know these things! :p

Hope to meet you at one of our local GTG's. Welcome to the fold! :wave3:

·
BUG THIS
565 Posts
athwartship said:
I made the plunge on Sunday and bought a '01 TDI with an upsolute (sp?) chip. I was very worried that the "chip" would be at the expense of MPG. Well, I could not be more pleased, we got 54MPG on the drive home (300 miles) and the car is really fun to drive - the chip seems to make all the difference in "fun" factor compared to the other TDI's we drove when we were looking. Is there any downside to this chip? After two days I have no buyers remorse (like I did when I bought the Suburban!) - great fun to drive and I get a lot of heads turning my way - kinda fun!
Welcome to the org the fun has only just begun:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pictures

OK - I have to go to work today, but in an attempt to satisfy some of the reqeusts, here are a copuple of pictures of my new toy! Any help in reading the VIN number so I can answer some of the other important qeustions would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts