NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it maters now, but I'll bet that crash way back in 2001 caused most, if not all, of that database corruption that put us in this situation. The hacking I had to do to recover from that was ridiculous. Things have been so hobbled together ever since -- ahh it will be nice to have a new database. So fresh and so clean (clean)!

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good, Michele! I'm glad to hear that. I think there are a lot of nice usability-type features that are new to to vb3 and I'm trying to organize things as simply as possible. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I agree. I am not computer savvy. I just barely make it. Being able to upload more than one photo, what a time-saver! Thank you!

All the new forums are great, too. I can't wait for everyone else to get here!

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Oh, and thanks again. :) (for saving the Org)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Not that it maters now, but I'll bet that crash way back in 2001 caused most, if not all, of that database corruption that put us in this situation. The hacking I had to do to recover from that was ridiculous. Things have been so hobbled together ever since -- ahh it will be nice to have a new database. So fresh and so clean (clean)!
You gotta love going back to a vanilla install of something and being able to do away with years of hacks and fudging of data ;)

This was a long time coming, and hopefully it solves some of the grumbling from the general populus... ;)

Whaaaaaaaa the homepage doesnt look right... why cant I have my picture there

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to make excuses, but the frustration of being so STUCK with the technology of the old forums was one of the things that has led me to neglect the org. I have just felt for so long like because I was stuck with an old, decrepit version of vb that I really couldn't make it what I wanted to...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts