NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

People in Europe/Aisa that get so many more engine choices than in America, but you never see under the engine pics. I know it's not a big deal, but id want to see what a 1.2, 1.6, vr5, etc looks like under the hood/engine covers.

So, people, what really grinds your gears?

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
1.6 in my old Bug :)

What i have now in the new Bug ;)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,090 Posts
On the topic of driving...people who go 35 trying to merge onto a highway. Grrrr. Getting on highways is where I have fun and get to smash the pedal! Also, going 35 to merge on a highway with a 65-70mph limit is just plain dangerous!

Lots of driving habits grind my gears. I could go on for days. I almost get in accidents most everyday it seems. Ridiculous. Get off the phone, stop texting, get your hands on the wheel, use your mirrors, use your turn signals, and watch the darn road!

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the topic of driving...people who go 35 trying to merge onto a highway. Grrrr. Getting on highways is where I have fun and get to smash the pedal! Also, going 35 to merge on a highway with a 65-70mph limit is just plain dangerous!

Lots of driving habits grind my gears. I could go on for days. I almost get in accidents most everyday it seems. Ridiculous. Get off the phone, stop texting, get your hands on the wheel, use your mirrors, use your turn signals, and watch the darn road!
Welcome to the world of appliance drivers. Seriously. A good amount of people who do things like that, aren't technically bad drivers on purpose, they just would rather not be driving, but they have to.
If you don't like dong something, are you gonna learn how to do it good?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

Agreed, however, in many States, it's the law to yield to an ENTRANCE or EXIT ramp, to or from a freeway, regardless of the the side, and besides, it's just common courtesy. Doesn't chap my a$$ near as much as anyone DRIVING in the PASSING (mistakenly refered to as the high speed) lane, regardless of whether the State has or enforces the law. AND yes, phones and texting - they have the technology to prevent the phones from being used. It's way past time to implement it.

·
Yeah its yellow. So what?
107 Posts
Just this morning, traffic went from 80-85 down to 15 in about ten seconds... And of course, there's a brand new Challenger RT in front of me. But since I'm much more of a knowledgable (although apparantly unable to spell) driver than alot of the drivers I see, no problem whatsoever. That is exactly the reason why people should give each other room and not ride people's asses! In the course of about a half mile after that slow down, I saw three separate rear-enders in the shoulder. Although it's pretty mean and I'm sure Kharma will get me, I couldn't help but thinking "*tisk* *tisk* You should've been paying attention"

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.6 in my old Bug :)

Image of a 1.6
What i have now in the new Bug ;)

Image of a 2.0T
Yeah.. those still have giant pieces of plastic covering the actual engine. I guess i'm just a geek that way.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Just this morning, traffic went from 80-85 down to 15 in about ten seconds... And of course, there's a brand new Challenger RT in front of me. But since I'm much more of a knowledgable (although apparantly unable to spell) driver than alot of the drivers I see, no problem whatsoever. That is exactly the reason why people should give each other room and not ride people's asses! In the course of about a half mile after that slow down, I saw three separate rear-enders in the shoulder. Although it's pretty mean and I'm sure Kharma will get me, I couldn't help but thinking "*tisk* *tisk* You should've been paying attention"
It's not so much a paying attention thing, as being caused by people who want to zip back and forth, lane to lane to lane, in heavy traffic, to pick up a car length or two, when their lane slows. And then they fill the clearance you had sense enough to leave between you and the car that WAS in front of you.

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
People who don't use their turn signals. For lane changes, or merging. That really grinds my gears. Makes me livid, really. I don't know why. It just pisses me off to no end. Mild mannered me. Yes, that grinds my gears.

·
Yeah its yellow. So what?
107 Posts
People who don't use their turn signals. For lane changes, or merging. That really grinds my gears. Makes me livid, really. I don't know why. It just pisses me off to no end. Mild mannered me. Yes, that grinds my gears.
HELL YEAH!

Where's the Like button? :eek:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Heck, people don't use turn signals period. Not even to signal their intention to turn. Sometimes I pull up next to them and tell them to check their turn signal fluid they must be low since their turn signals don't work :D Gets them confused every time ;)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
How about people that think "Yellow" on a traffic light means push down on your accellerator and try to make that light.
When it hits red before your reach the intersection it means you have to push harder on that pedal next time. :p

·
5/23/10 <3
11,090 Posts
Here in the South, no one uses their turn signals for anything...and they slam on their brakes and take turns at about 5mph without warning as a result. Its awesome </sarcasm>

·
Registered
950 Posts
What grinds my gears is that it is snowing heavy right now, and no doubt when I leave to go home there will be those yahoos on the road without winter tires driving like it was a warm sunny day.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
What Grinds my Gears is the drivers, who when confronted with a green light, decide to sit on the warm tarmac, fragrance'd only by a previous passing Goddess. Then when awoken from their deep harmonious sleep, by a jesful bull horn, decide on withering their palm, pronouncing a finger of an unknightly order. To which i reply gracefully with a loving wet kiss in my cinnamon scented cabin.

Driving in London is sheer bliss :D

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
How about people that think "Yellow" on a traffic light means push down on your accellerator and try to make that light.
When it hits red before your reach the intersection it means you have to push harder on that pedal next time. :p
That's ridiculous. You have to down shift "before" you push down on the accelerator. Otherwise their is no way to make the light. ;)

JK!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
What Grinds my Gears is the drivers, who when confronted with a green light, decide to sit on the warm tarmac, fragrance'd only by a previous passing Goddess. Then when awoken from their deep harmonious sleep, by a jesful bull horn, decide on withering their palm, pronouncing a finger of an unknightly order. To which i reply gracefully with a loving wet kiss in my cinnamon scented cabin.

Driving in London is sheer bliss :D
I've got to get to London bay-bee!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 34 Posts