NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

When asked i tell people where I work and I get a confused look from people after I tell them and a response Never heard of them SO .... for those who dont know ..... I work for a Global ( worls wide ) air freight shipper Bax Global .The company has field stations scattered all over with the main sort hub being right here in TOLEDO :D .Seeing how its air frieght the company is located at the local Airport . I get to see aircraft all day long . and im sure Ive seen our own Lester(gruven98) take off from there a few times ... We do deal with ground transport as well as Air , the aircraft we generally deal with are 727's DC8's and on saturdays a 747 that flys to Sydney .I have been with the company for 9 years and I love it . one reason why I never do the same job over and over, one day i might be building frieght, next day running the scales next day tugging the freight etc etc you get the idea . I found some pictures on google to share too :) :lol:

First picture is the 747 landing which is always an awsome sight to see. the building in the background is where i work :) . the two aircraft are the ones we use, the green and white plane is our last Bax plane left in the fleet. we use more of the ATI ( air transport international ) planes which are newer models . during the daylight operations our dc8 flys in from Lax when departing it flys from our airport off to BFI ( seattle ) then down to LAX . the other picture is the plane being downloaded and he freight being processed in the building . :) I often find it funny as I always hated flying yet I work at an airport :lol:

SO what do you do ??? :)

Attachments

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I keep a chair warm until someone in India starts doing my job. Or so I am told by my management.

Jeez, I need a new job and career.

·
Me Likey
63 Posts
I work with adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. So basically I help them learn skills like laundry, cooking, cleaning, money management, and daily living skills. So they can move out into the community by themselves without constant supervision.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I just started working as a nanny 4 days a week for a 10 week old boy named Brayden. He's a very good baby and I love this job much more than my previous one which was at a daycare.

Cori

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
I am a student looking for a job ... to get an apartment. So far, I have been rejected by Target. I applied at Starbucks and almost got a job until the manager decided he didnt like my 'time frame' of which I could work AKA didnt like that I would try to start finding a job once I graduated in March of next year.

I would like to do some more Architectural stuff ... but, that wont happen. So for now, Im finding a part time 'student' job.

·
TACO!
210 Posts
hired geek

IT, or "Computer Systems Tech" according to Hamilton. I fix broken stuff and babysit/maintain servers and other cool equipment at a call center that relays calls to/from those who are deaf and/or hard of hearing. The GA relay handles 711 traffic for GA, IP users, AZ, WV, RI, KS and several other states. I take care of 50+ workstations including those on the floor and in the office area.

I'm on call 24/7 365 because there's only one of me (and we relay calls 24 hours a day 365 days a year), which is why it's hard for me to go to GTGs and stuff, but it's not so bad-- mostly.

No pictures because it's all confidential (and I'd have to kill you if I let you see our setup :D), just trust me when I say it's a few servers, a lot of telephony equipment, a giant generator, a sweet UPS system and a lot of tools.

I love it. I was born to fix stuff. Although I will admit that I don't like to think of how much responsibility it is because I'm still fairly young and it freaks me out. :eek:hnoes:

·
TACO!
210 Posts
digitalputty said:
I am a student looking for a job ... to get an apartment. So far, I have been rejected by Target. I applied at Starbucks and almost got a job until the manager decided he didnt like my 'time frame' of which I could work AKA didnt like that I would try to start finding a job once I graduated in March of next year.

I would like to do some more Architectural stuff ... but, that wont happen. So for now, Im finding a part time 'student' job.
Can you work at your school? I did that for about a year, doesn't pay much, but they work with your schedule and there isn't much travel time, if any.

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
I work for the bank. I could tell you what I do there, but then I will have to kill you. ;)

·
Y2K Speedle
1,089 Posts
Me Design Breaker :D I work for Nelvana ltd. Cartoon studio and I break stuff there :p When a designer draw a character for a new episode I create a digital puppet of it so that the animators can animate all that funny stuff you see on telly. We use Harmony Toon Boom Solo software and it's sooooooo much fun :) Right now I am working on a show called Ruby Gloom and you can watch it on YTV and Treehouse. A side from that, web design, web animation, sound recording and editing, video editing, studio setup/maintenence and all that geek stuff.

·
Smells like crayons...
62 Posts
Right now I do graphic design/prepress where we create a black & white, fine art photography magazine and DVD, but I'll be changing jobs soon, going into HR where I'll be helping get them organized, update their website and bring their processes into the digital age.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I work for the largest bank in the world, in the fraud group in the credit card divison. I probably won't speak to most of you, as I handle the high-value clients... :lol:

So unless you're a millionaire... ;)

-Des

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
I am a teacher. I just got a new job (permanent) where I will be teaching remedial reading and math to students. It's intervention so that these students can gain the skills they're missing and not be put into special education.

I also work at a Sylvan Learning Center doing the same thing. I do every program there except Academic Writing. I work with students aged 5-22.

I'm surrounded by children for most of the day. ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am the marketing & project manager at the Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce. In October I will mark 11 years. I basically do all the press, newsletter, advertising and the best part, I throw parties for a living, about 23 a year (only we call them "Special Events".

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
Registered nurse in a busy cardiac cath lab in a very well known medical institution in the middle of a cornfield.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
As soon as I tell you what I do half of you guys won't talk to me:(
I screen pee for drug use at nuclear power plants. I also do breathalizers for alcohol use. Can't have anyone under the influence anywhere near all that power. I get to go to all the power plants for a certain company and randomly test people. Sometimes I go out and test 35 people, sometimes only one. Yeah, it's a kinda gross job, but so is potty training 2 year olds :p I only work part time. Sometimes my drive to work is 3 hours one way. The closest place is their headquarters about 40 minutes away (near Jenbug) I can't tell anyone here when I'm working or where, until I'm done. Gotta keep it random.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I used to be the Queens Footman, at Buckingham Palace. Yes i have all nescessary passes and paperwork to prove this. I also worked for a few high profile people as there Butler too. :D

Now i gave it all up and now i'm a Mature Student. Not sure about the mature bit though as i love to muck around every second of the day ;)

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
For the past 9 years I have been working for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
And no... I'm not a flight attendant :rolleyes: people always seem to assume that when you work for an airline.

For the last 18 months I am happy at the Group Desk.
Which means I make quotes for groups who want to travel on KLM, North West Airlines and Kenya Airways.

The work is fine, the pay is pretty good (can't really complain), but the group of people I work with are the best!

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
Blugg, that is just about the coolest thing ever! :bowdown:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 119 Posts