NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAR WAS TRADED IN APRIL 24th 2006 IN STOCK CONDITION EXCEPT FOR THE MODS LISTED BELOW, FOR A 2004 PORSCHE C4S http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=manage_item&CID=461

This is my New Beetle, its a Limited Edition (First Batch of Colour Concepts) 2000 1.8T Vapor Blue GLS 5spd. I bought it July 15th 2003 (Used at 60000km).

Current Mod's

-ECS Stage 1 Clutch Kit (228mm VR6) w/ Light Weight Steel 14lbs Flywheel (Eurospec (G60))
-Red Painted Calipers
-35% Tint's
-OEM Euro Emblems
-OEM Euroswitch
-OEM Rear Fog Light

*Dynoed @ 153.06 HP/166.40 Torque* Stock

Past Mods
-OEM 6 CD-Changer
-OEM CD-Changer Mount
-GFB Hybird Blow-Off Valve
-OEM Exaust Tip
-OEM N710 DV
-K&N Drop-In
-Plasma Glow 6200k Low Beam Bulb's
-UPsolute 1.3bar KO4 Program
-UPsolute 1.1bar KO3 Program
-Brospeed Sport "Cat" Back 2.25” Exhaust System w/ 3" straight tips
-Colgan Custom Bra
-H&R 22mm Front Sway Bar
-Apex Sport Springs (1.6" Drop)
-Autometer Z Series 30 Vac/30 PSI Boost Gauge
-OEM N75 J-Valve
-6" JOM Aluminum Shorty Antenna
-Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe
-Michelin Pilot Sport's (Amazing Tire's On my Aristo's)

******* Parting Our Car******* (Sold)

-OEM GTi Headrest's
-GIAC 1.3bar KO4 Program
-Borg-Warner KKK KO4-001 Turbo-Charger
-NGK BCPR7ES Copper Spark Plugs (1 Range Colder)
-APEXi 60mm Cat-Back
-ATP 3" DP w/Catco High Flow-Cat
-OEM 4bar FPR
-Samco Turbo Intake Hose
-McCulloch 6000k Low Beam H.I.D's (Subaru OEM's)
-Phlips Blue Vision (Fog Lights)
-OEM N75 H-Valve
-Forge 007 DV (Polished)
-Neuspeed P-Flow
-ABD Lower Intercooler Tube
-Samco Hose Kit
-OEM TT Short Shifter
-PowerFlex (Forge) Dog Bone Mounts
-Weitec Sport Suspensions Series Ultra GT 50/50mm Drop (The Drop was way more than that more like 3 inches)
-Neuspeed Front 25mm/Rear 28mm Sway Bars
-Diesel Geek Alumminum Skid Plate Set-Up
-Brembo Drilled Rotors
-OEM OZ Aristos's wrapped in General Exclaim UHP w/Euro Emblems
-FK 8mm Front / 10mm Rear Spacers
-German Plate
-OEM Vortex New Beetle Front Accent
-Customized Front DTM Splitters
-Clarion APX201.2 2/1 Channel Power Amplifier (Peak 200Watt) w/Clarion SRW1243 (12" Single Voice Coil 600Watts Peak Subwoofer ) In A PRO112S (Single Sealed 12" ProAudio Box)
-OEM Monster Mats
-OEM In-Dash CD Headunit (2005)
-OEM Turbo S Fender Liner
-OEM Euro Front Turn Signal's
-OEM Audi TT Antenna
-OEM Stainless Steel New Beetle License Frame
-FUKINGRUVEN Decal On Rear Windsheild
-Euro Clear/Red Tail Lights
-Autometer Z Series 30 Vac/ 20 Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge's in Bernt 2 Gauge Pod
-OEM Audi TT Pedals w/Turbo S Dead Pedal
-Garmin iQue 3600 (PDA Navigation System)
-OEM PhatBox PhatNoise 20 Gig's
-Custom PhatNoise Mount

And These are my Latest Pictures

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is when i bought it Summer 2003

:d

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2004 Summer Look and Mod's

:p

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i installed my "ECS n75 RACE Valve" and Re-Installed the "GFB BOV" with a Softer Spring Rate and now its more like a BOV "psssssssssss furr". I guess ill have to soften a bit more to get rid of that "FUR FURRRRR" sound

*SOLD the GFB HyBird BOV, gone back to DV*

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trip to Wasaga Beach Over The Long Weekend.

It was raining like carzy on the way there, but then it was alllll worth it after i reached there, it stoped and the women came out to party and some cazy cars (saw a silver bug with black flames and a Roof Rack). it was fun

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autometer Gauge's & Bernt 2 Gauge Pod

Okay so, i hooked up my Autometer Gauge's up. They are Autometer Z Series 30Hg/30PSI Boost Gauge & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge sitting in a Bernt 2 Gauge Pod. They both look real nice and simple with the Interior. I was unable to fit them PERFECT MATCHING LED's, no enough lite-up. So i put in the normal bulb with the Red Condom which came with the kit.

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Niagra Falls 2004

Okay, suddenly decied to go to "Niagra-Falls" over night with a bunch of friends 10 in total and 3 cars hehe during Carabana Week-end. Too bad by the time we reached 11PM, they had already closed the Lights at the Falls. I wanted to pix there, but Clifton Hill was still ALIVE because of that Roumer's Night Club.

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo S Fender Liner & ABD Intercooler Tube 2004

Okay, so i finally got time to work on my car today. Installed the Turbo S Fender Liner & ABD Lower Intercooler Tube.

ABD Lower Intercooler Tube was a Major PITA to install. Make sure you guys when you do this you get NEW THICKER and WIDER CLAMPS. Because those Stock Claps arent strong enough. It sounds really cool if you dont have it tight enough i was like WOW no thats not right, but sounded ASWOME and i lost Pressure and car went Limp and Hay-Wire. Make sure you TIGHTEN it like a BITCH!. Do it right the first time it wil save you ALOT of Trouble. Also use some kind of Spacers where the Nut goes to match it to the Factory Space.

Turbo S Fender Liner was real Simple, take out the old one and install the new one simple as that, other than like a 1000 Screws hehe.

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OEM In-Dash CD Head Unit 2004

Okay i know these go for $600-$1100, but i scored this for Cheap from the TEX. It was alll Plug&Play

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
McCulloch H.I.D's 6000K 2004

Okay i Got me some H.I.D's. They are 6000K and are amazing, also got me a New German Plate.

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Finally KO4 Fixed!!! (2004 Winter)

Okay Today after 3 Months i'm happy with my KO4's Performance. Most of you might already know this, but let me Repeat my self for others

-Bought KO4-001
-Bought 4bar FPR
-Got Chipped by UPsolute (K04 Program)
-Boosting not right Spike 19 PSI and then Drop to 10 PSI at 4500 RPM, BAD ****TY PROGRAM!
-Told UPsolute about it, UPsolute is like might be something else Wrong with the CAR!
-Boost Leak, None. Waste-Gate, Perfect. MAF, Works Great. DV, Upgraded to Forge 007P (N710 Not recomended)
-Try N75 J & H Valve both throw me into Hard-Limp Mode. Only N75 C Valve works perfect
-Finally Do LOG Boost Out-Put, I do What i'm Getting. 19-10 PSI (1.1-0.8bar)
-Tell UPsolute This Program is ****! Customer not Happy
-Go to UPsolute, Get Refund on Program
-UPsolute cant get my car working back on Stock-Program , so they give me UPsolute KO3 Program for FREE (Might i say this is a KICK ASS PROGRAM! Amazing Power Out-Put, 16 PSI, Great Bang for the BUCK, Recomended by Zookie for $$$ Value)
-Get GIAC KO4 Program
-Get Colder Spark Plugs
-Drive it with J Valve only doin 14 PSI
-Take it back to the Shop, LOG Boost and stuff. Eventually Realize N75 J Valve was in Up-Side-Down
-Now 20PSI!!!!! Baby

So DYNO Number coming SOON!

PS: Would like to thank noR, Buggin and everyone else who Helped Me and Gave me Advice (I'm Soory but i cant rememebr your Name but you know who you are)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I love those wheels! And, I have only seen that color one time, in real life..... :bigthumb: Nice job on mods! :)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
SWEET ride there Zookie. Sorry to hear about the problems, but can't wait to hear the dyno results. Some in-car video would be sweet too.

You've done so much to that bug, and it's come so far; it's tops man... tops.

noR

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ATP 3" DP w/HighFlow-Cat with 60mm APEXi Cat-Back (Winter 2004)

Okay put on this stuff taday, this stuff sounds realllllll good. With the 3" DP you can hear the Spool of the Turbo more and ofcourse Faster Rev's. As for the APEXi cat-back that just sounds like a BLOW TORCH!!!! SICK

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PowerFlex/Forge DogBone Mounts (Winter 2004)

Just installed them with my Exhuats and what a diffrence. There is no Vibration in teh Cabin as they say, but there is Vibration at you Feet, i doono weather that from the 3"DP or the Mounts. But Recomended

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weitec Sport Suspensions Series Ultra GT (Winter 2005)

Just purchased this off a NB'er of the Vortex. Looks like 2.5" Drop, cant wate to get it on

"Weitec sport suspensions series Ultra GT are high quality, economical complete systems. By combining Weitec sport springs for exact lowering and shock absorbers from the GT-system, we can satisfy the most demanding wishes. The modern and high quality components used in GT shock absorbers guarantee a long life and allow for an exact set up. Thanks to our two pipe gas pressure system you don’t need to worry about adjusting the shock characteristic. Because of our vast experience through countless development and testing processes we are able to produce the best sport set up which guarantees safety and driving comfort. Quite often fine tuning of the chassis height on the rear axle through groove adjustable spring plates (shown in the table with *) is possible. The shortened GT-systems not only offer satisfactory spring tension but also a good amount of spring travel and driving comfort." www.weitec.de

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ECS Stage 1 Clutch Kit (228mm) with Light Weight Steel OEM 14lbs Flywheel, 225-275hp

Lighter OEM Steel flywheel, only 14lbs versus 22 lbs of the stock 1.8T. This is not a lightened modified OEM flywheel like others.

20-30% more clamping force than stock clutch!

Faster spool-ups & more HP's!

Kit uses OEM Sachs VR6 Clutch pieces

Kit is good up to 200-250 wheel Horsepower & up to approx 275lbs of wheel torque

Excellent pedal feel, pedal retains OEM type feel

Kit includes the following parts:

Lightweight steel OEM flywheel

Sachs cluch pressure plate

Sachs clutch disc

Sach OEM throw out bearing

OEM throw out bearing

OEM flywheel bolts

Just got this in Today, i have Busted my Clutch again after 30000KM because i drive like carzy, and i have been Raping my Clutch since the KO4 Upgrade and it has finnaly givin up on me. I'm goin to be more carefull now This is goin in on Nextweek.

REVIEW!!!!

Got it in Yesterday. Great Kit, amazing recommended. its just over 10lbs lighter than Stock 1.8T LUK Clutch kit/Flywheel. The pedals feels the same as Stock. I have not been able to Rip it yet, because i was told by my Mechanic not to untill alteasy 1000KM before proper Break In. But i dint listen to him lol. I ripped it for a while and WOW Faster, more Responsive. My Boost is more Constant, because the Old one Slipped, my Boost use to Suge, now its Smooth and just hit over 22 PSI. On the Highways much faster. This kit is Great. I'm goin into to Dyno soon sometime this Month.

PS: Kit has been Recomended by Zookie as a Stock Replacement.

Attachments

·
Vapor Transmission
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Neuspeed Front 25 mm Sway Bar / Rear 28 mm Sway Bar (Winter 2005)

Okay just bought some of a Fellow Vortex'er, Brand NIB

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts