NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just getting to the milestone of owning Psyduck for a month now and I'm still super excited to own him. The other day the weather was nice enough for a bath, so my boyfriend took him into work and gave Psyduck a bath along with waxing and claybaring...so I had to get some pictures.

No mods yet, but things I plan to do in the future:

-fog light kit (from ECS tuning)
-springs...I want to lower him just a little bit (any suggestions, I'll take them!)
-Wheels
and then probably other things along the way. :)

When I first bought him:

Post-bath:

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Nice :goodjob:~! Welcome to the org!!

Oh, and nice cabby in the background too!! :goodjob:!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Lovely New Beetle! :wave2:

Oh, and nice cabby in the background too!! :goodjob:!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see the Cabby *and* a Golf! :D

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol! Both of those VWs belong to my bf's brother...the Cabby is currently in the works of being worked on/built etc.

My boyfriend on the other hand has a mk3 Golf w/ a VR6 swap (soon to have everything swapped into a mk3 Cabrio due to rust on the golf), and then is building a mk1 Rabbit which he's hoping to have for show season this year :)

Me, on the other hand, only have my NB. Prior to Psyduck, I had a mk3 Jetta but I wrecked it this past december :( Before that Jetta I had a mk2 Golf, which I miss, but I also <3 NB's and I wanted something with certified pre-loved warrenty :p

So excited! I just ordered the european turn signals for Psyduck the other day, should be in the next few days and I plan to take pictures :)

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I like your orange bug, as well :)

I couldn't allow myself to buy a NB in white/black/silver/grey...I told myself it had to be a color that stood out since that's what is right! (no offense to those who have beetles of the other colors...I'm just not fond of them!)

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I recently bought from ECS tuning the European clear sidemarkers that they had for sale and they came in today!

Here's a glimps that I took with my cell phone...Psyduck is dirty right now b/c it snowed last night, but once it warms up...better pictures will be taken!

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a picture of my NB and what it looks like today... :rotfl:

:crazy:

And then behind my NB is my bf's mk3 Golf which has also been eaten by the snow...This snow is crazy!

·
Dumpkin
354 Posts
Nice yellow... The new signals look nice:)

·
1,255 Posts
Zuri: You have a very nice bug. If you do get the ECS Tuning fog light kit, I would like to know how they do the electrical wiring. Thanks,

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Photos!

Since everyone loves photos, Today I took a photo of my driveway after my Psyduck got a bath, and some waxing! In one of the photos you can see my boyfriend waxing the front end. Sometimes he likes to think that Psyduck belongs to him but then I remind him who pays for the car...lol.

Also, the large assortment of VWs in the driveway can be seen. :)

2 mk3 golfs, a mk3 cabrio (hiding behind other cars), a rabbit pickup...and not pictured is a mk1 cabrio that's being worked on in the garage.

...I have the youngest car in the house. :p

Attachments

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do want to do something suspension wise in the not-too-too-distant future. I was thinking about the Eibach spring kit since I don't want to lower my car too much. I live on a private drive, of which the lower half of it is gravel/mud and although my bf and his brothers all have pretty low cars, I wanna only do a slight drop. But I'll look into them!

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Diggin' Psyduck! Nice little touches you're adding to your little boy. I hear ya on lowering just a smidge. I'm still leary on doing it, because of the rough Jacksonville roads and the phantom debris that decorates our roads. I'm wanting to do something like this with Cup. This way I can lower her for shows or cruises where I know the roads will be kind to my girl.

Anyhoo, keep the pics coming as well as Psyduck updates:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
i like the clear front turnsignals.....it brightens up the front. love the snow pics too as we dont have to contend with that where i'm at.... keep up the good work.... :bigthumb:

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I absolutely love how my clear turnsignals turned out on the front.

I should be buying some wheels this weekend. They'll be sitting a while until I can get new tires for them and probably until suspension as well...but no worries, Pictures will follow :D

SO EXCITED!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts