VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Hey, one LAST question about your suspension setup; you said, that you are using Eibach springs with the stock height! Are these just stock replacements or performance springs with no lowering in height? All the Eibach springs I can find; are "sports" springs and lower the vehicle. Any info or part #'s appreciated; looking at the Eibach catalog, they show this: Eibach 8567.140 Pro-Kit Performance Springs. Sorry, to keep asking but I would like some performance springs but keep a similar stock height. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey, one LAST question about your suspension setup; you said, that you are using Eibach springs with the stock height! Are these just stock replacements or performance springs with no lowering in height? All the Eibach springs I can find; are "sports" springs and lower the vehicle. Any info or part #'s appreciated; looking at the Eibach catalog, they show this: Eibach 8567.140 Pro-Kit Performance Springs. Sorry, to keep asking but I would like some performance springs but keep a similar stock height. Thanks.
Hey, @billymade my current setup is very simple right now and looks OE. I go with Bilstein b6 suspension and Eibach standard size springs. They are kind of slightly higher than OE one but is not that crazy....Let me show you
this is before 17"wheels
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

and this is after with 18"wheels
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

you can see height-wise they are very similar...

I bought this...

I hope this is helpful,
Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey everyone, there are not many people who follow the thread, but I'll share it with anyone, maybe someone needs help in the future...
Definitely I'm not the first one who has done this but anyway...

Intake for fresh air is very tricky to explain in the beetle, I'm not sure that I understand the idea behind this, but this is how that looks like on the new beetle...
This is covered with a panel and a small amount of air comes to the filter
Grey Art Font Graffiti Automotive design

I decided to redesign intake and bring more fresh air with no restrictions...I also did bigger holes and a much smoother shape without any additional holes or crack...This is a work in progress but this is how looks like...
Bicycle part Auto part Electric blue Composite material Wood
Natural material Composite material Electric blue Wood Auto part

Leg Bicycle part Human leg Font Electric blue
Footwear Shoe Leg Human body Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Wood Rim Tread Gas

You can actually see how this is big.
The next step is to make this with fiberglass and this is the kind of mold that I'm planning to use. I'll cover it with epoxy and fiberglass and then I'll melt this plastic model and remove it. This is ideal,but I hope and successful :D

Because of intercooler I have to remove fog lights and there is a chance for me to make additional intake next o the pipe which I'm planning to connect with this part.
Motor vehicle Sleeve Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

Cheers,
Djordje

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Wow, nice R&D and CAD/3D modeling, prototype printing work! Would this be the stock air box “snorkel”; so, there is “cold air from outside and water doesn’t’ go into into the intake, causing hydro locking of the pistons? Are you using the stock air-box or a aftermarket type? Many have said, the stock new beetle/mark iv vw air box; is actually pretty free flowing and has the benefit of getting true “cold air”; from the snorkel system, which gets air from outside.

You seem very skilled with body work and customizing things in your New Beetle! Are you a professional in the automotive repair or performance tuning trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow, nice R&D and CAD/3D modeling, prototype printing work! Would this be the stock air box “snorkel”; so, there is “cold air from outside and water doesn’t’ go into into the intake, causing hydro locking of the pistons? Are you using the stock air-box or a aftermarket type? Many have said, the stock new beetle/mark iv vw air box; is actually pretty free flowing and has the benefit of getting true “cold air”; from the snorkel system, which gets air from outside.

You seem very skilled with body work and customizing things in your New Beetle! Are you a professional in the automotive repair or performance tuning trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe, I'm wrong doing this, but I can definitely make some checkpoints for the air with some additional filters or hydro shield filter that can suck the air but not water or some filter to pick up all the dust and small particles of other water. I'll try to make my own cold airbox because I'll change the battery for the smaller one and I'll have it more space for everything I'm doing.I still have my original intake box but is too big and takes too much space, I need more space for an intercooler pipe, catch can, intake box, bigger intake filter ...

Everything I'm doing on the beetle by myself is actually love and passion. I'm a painter,11years ago I did airbrush work and I lear all the techniques of car painting and bodywork. Here is some of my latest and greatest :) However today I'm working in the visual effects industry and last 10years I'm more focused on modeling, rendering, and all that things. That's the reason why I have a combination of knowledge...but now I'm trying to learn sewing nake my own custom interior but on total beginner
and need a time to do it :D
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Hood Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle helmet
Liquid Fluid Art Close-up Pattern

Head Lip Eye Mouth Smile
Smile Art Television set Cabinetry Cartoon

Font Display device Art Space Technology
Automotive lighting Sky Art Font Automotive design

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
WOW!!! AND I MEAN WOW!! I SURE do need a NEIGHBOR like you. what 3D tool and CAD software did you use to model your car?
Thanks man for the intake part modeling I used 3dsmax/poly modeling.
Sometimes Im using fusion360 but poly modeling is much faster and easier for me.

For the beetle car scanning I used CapturingReality.

Cheers man!Thank you again

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW!!, that CapturingReality software is really cool. i saw him demo the miter Saw. Thanks for that info. i can wait until you get into that motor and add the parts. I sure would like to see your Dino run

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
WOW!!, that CapturingReality software is really cool. I saw him demo the miter Saw. Thanks for that info. i can wait until you get into that motor and add the parts. I sure would like to see your Dino run
Yes, it's very nice. I will not go really into details with models and all that things. It's more useful for me to roughly measure some parts and plan better my build.
Oh yes, me too: I'll share some results soon as I build the engine.

·
Registered
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
1.8t Supertech Full Valvetrain Kit
IE 1.8T Transverse Intake Manifold
1.8T Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer
1.8T 20V stud cylinder head ARP 10mm
vvt
MAHLE ORIGINAL Thrust Washer
erlin headgasket
INA valve tappets 12
INA valve tappets 8
Nortech Performance 1.8t Stainless Steel Tubular Exhaust Manifold V-BAND 1.8t 20v
valve guides as well :) already all on the list :)))

Thank you, man! I really appreciate

21 - 40 of 51 Posts